Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eating Out

I thought I had the perfect weekend planned for testing the new diet (as well as testing waiting staff). However my two dinners out turned into one, and that not 'out' but at a friends place. We made sushi but my husband didn't like it. I intend to make myself sushi at home, I just wish that it kept so I could make some for the whole week like I do with popcorn and nuts.

I did however also have lunch at my parents on Sunday. Luckily my mother can't eat gluten either and gluten-free food is often dairy free. I was able to eat pancakes from a mix. I was appalled that Golden Syrup is basically sugar and water - how on earth could my mother allow us to eat that?

My first trip to Commonsense Organics with intimidating and expensive. Sadly the bread I bought smells awful and I had to force myself to eat it this morning.

I am a bit concerned about my stomach pains and accompanying toilet habits but will discuss this with my mother today. One of the supplements from Allergenics is for GI health so this may be the cause.

On another note my sister is helping one of her friends who thinks she may have food allergies, she asked about my two natropaths. The email I sent is below:

http://www.allergenics.co.nz/
It cost $99, I paid for this via internet banking. They also do hair test for minerals eg. do you have enough iron etc, this costs the same. (I looked at getting it done via a shop but they use this service and charge 300 for it) They will send a list of your intolerances with a rating, accompanying documentation describing in further detail and a prescription (which you can then call and ask them to send - this is extra cost). It says it takes 4 weeks but it took longer for me (I paid 9 February, they tested 23 March, I recieved results 27 March). It's $60 for a half hour consultation (I didn't do this as I've already spent sooo much money on this whole thing). I paid by credit card (debit card) for this service I don't know if you can pay in other ways.

http://www.karenzhealthbeauty.com/http://www.isis4u.co.nz/ I'm not sure of Karen's new phone number but I know Mum has it and I think her old number still forwards to it. I think it might be (04) 234 1338 which is on the website to query orders. Karen is lovely and really wants to help people. Probably best to read her (longwinded) website I suppose. She has a computer machine thingy that she hooks you up to and it 'reads' you and heals you. I don't know how else to explain it. She also does supplements etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment