Saturday, March 28, 2009

Allergenics

For $100 and a swatch of hair this company will diagnose all your allergies.
Thankfully I have no allergies but the list of intolerances is long and problematic.
Orange, sugar (white, brown, honey), wheat, all dairy, tomato, kiwifruit, yeast, onion, garlic and sulphites (preservative).

For the next three months (bring on July!) I will abstain from these substances.

For my first day I visited the supermarket:

Thankfully most vegetarian food already don't contain dairy, some are even gluten free but I was only able to locate two which were also without sugar, onion, garlic or preservatives.

Being unable now to eat Marmite I decided to reintroduce Peanut Butter to my diet. I don't care if it's fatty, it's tasty and my diet could easily lack in taste. I was only able to locate one (Sanitarium Classic) without sugar.

I almost cried in the cereal aisle to discover that 'the health food company' Sanitarium's Cornies and Ricies both contained sugar, I didn't read past the second item on each list.

I had thought Oven Fries would be a simple issue. I was wrong. Of the many (many) varieties of Fries I located one solitary style, unique within it's own brand, which did not include sugar in the form of dextrose.

No comments:

Post a Comment