Sunday, April 24, 2011

HCG diet

I heard about this diet from a rather pushy woman at a health and beauty place. Basically the diet consists of starving yourself on 500 calories a day whilst taking homeopathic drops of HCG (the injections are not available in NZ). HCG is a hormone produced during pregnancy, it is the hormone which indicates a woman is pregnant. The hormone is said to release stored fat and nutrients into the blood stream giving the person enough to live off so they won't feel hungry on the diet. Eating less and (in theory) releasing fat results in the weight loss. The dieter is monitored throughout the process, if they gain weight they are put on a 6 apple day diet.

I may be going on this diet, if I do I will track it as I did my previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment